We are a firm that operates as a real estate agency and also has associated property development and funds management divisions. As a real estate agency, we act as agent for landowners and property developers (our clients) in the selling and leasing of their property products, including land lots, house and land packages and apartments. As an agent, we are required to share personal information collected from you with our clients.
We understand your concern about how your personal information is collected, used and shared. We are committed to supporting the National Privacy Principles and our procedures relating to personal information are designed to ensure that you are fully protected under Australian privacy laws.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal information when you send us emails, submit electronic queries to us, subscribe to our databases or speak to one of our representatives.
This personal information may include your name, contact numbers, email and mailing address, and details of the types of properties you may express interest in purchasing, or obtaining further information about it.
Without your personal information, we may be unable to provide our services to you.
WHAT OTHER INFORMATION DO OLIVER HUME COLLECT?
When browsing or searching our site, our server automatically collects navigational data to help us improve our website content and navigation. One way which navigational data is collected is by placing "cookies" in your browser file on your hard drive. A cookie is a small amount of information that is transferred to your browser by our web server. The web server that gives you the cookie, is the only web server that can read the cookie again. The cookie therefore serves as a memory for you and can remember such details as your favourite search criteria so you do not have to enter the same information every time you come to our website. Cookies do not capture or track any personal information and cannot identify you as an individual. If you wish, you may elect not to accept cookies on your browser. This should not adversely affect your experience when visiting our website.
HOW WILL WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US?
You authorise us to use your personal information for the purpose for which it has been provided by you. Any personal information collected may be used and disclosed by us, so that we can carry out our duties and responsibilities as an estate agency. You specifically authorise the following use and disclosure of your personal information by us:
- to provide you with any services that you have requested from us;
- to provide you with information about the kinds of properties where you have expressed an interest;
- to reply to your queries about us and the services that we provide;
- disclosures to existing clients, including vendors and landlords of real property.
- disclosures to potential buyers, to property inspection consultants, to tradespeople, to bodies corporate, to financial institutions, government and statutory bodies, legal representatives, accountants, business consultants and other third parties, as required by law, including to and through media organisations on the internet.
- disclosures to our third party consultants such as those consultants who from time to time may manage our database and/or computer system and/or who undertake the advertising and marketing on behalf of the entity known as Oliver Hume and its related companies, or specifically your property;
- disclosures to potential tenants, to tradespeople and to other sources related to acting as property managers for a landlord;
- disclosures to the landlord, referees or other agents and operators of third party tenancy databases or such other sources as deemed necessary, where a tenant/s has failed to comply with the obligations and responsibilities specified in a tenancy agreement or for the purposes of evaluating the suitability and identity of a tenant/s for a property;
- any other disclosures incidental to our carrying out our functions as a professional real estate agency;
- disclosures necessary to investigate or resolve complaints concerning the provision of services by us or others associated with us;
- disclosures to our professional advisers and third party consultants, including but not limited to our accountants, auditors, legal advisers, market research and product development consultants, information technology consultants, our related companies including Synergy Funds Management Pty Ltd, Synergy Property Syndications Pty Ltd and Tenzing Property Guidance Pty Ltd.
- disclosure at any time as part of the selling or restructuring of any of our real estate businesses and the disclosure and transfer of personal information and files, to a third party new owner of part or all of the any Oliver Hume business, to the extent necessary for the ongoing conduct of your business by the new owner.
- any other disclosures as permitted under the Act or required by law.
You also agree that we may add your personal information including, name, address, mobile and telephone numbers, facsimile number and email address and any other information provided by you to us in relation to your property enquiry on our database. The Oliver Hume database is used for ongoing marketing, marketing research and sales-related purposes, including to generate statistics about the types of properties that people are searching for and to develop electronic and hard copy database for the production of marketing lists, mail-outs, ,. Our marketing and sales activities may include sending you promotional material by email or printed material, so that you can be kept up to date with property related information or other initiatives undertaken by us, including financial services, provided you have consented to receiving marketing and promotional material from us.
We may use your navigational information by combining it with the navigational information that we have collected about other users. We cannot identify you from that information, instead it gives us aggregated results about the usage of the site. We use the information collected to make this site more user-friendly and to improve the services that we provide to you.
WILL PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU BE GIVEN TO ANYONE ELSE?
If we are required by law or if we believe that there is a threat to a person's health or safety, we may need to disclose your personal information to a third party. We will not sell any personally identifiable information that you give us to any third party. Nor will we disclose your personal information to any third party except for our clients in the course of our agency responsibilities, for the purpose of allowing them to market their products or services to you.
We will not transfer your personal information to a recipient overseas unless you consent, we are required to do so by law or it is required in the course of providing legal services to you.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION ACCURATE AND SAFE?
We understand that security of personal information is important to you. We aim to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is not the subject to loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration and is accurate and up to date. We also endeavour to take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if we no longer require this information. In some circumstances, however, your information can never be completely destroyed due to legal or accounting requirements.
Our website does not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the internet. You should be aware that there is an inherent risk transmitting information across the internet.
CAN YOU ACCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION HELD ABOUT YOURSELF?
You should keep us informed about all changes to your personal information. If you wish to know what personal information we hold about you or to correct any personal information we hold about you, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 03 9669 5999.
PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL VIA EMAIL
You may choose to opt out of our marketing communication activities. If you do not wish to receive marketing and promotional materials via email from us please email us, and let us know, being sure to provide us with your name and address. We will then remove your name from direct marketing lists.
WHO IS OLIVER HUME?
The Privacy Officer
Oliver Hume Real Estate Group Pty Ltd
Ground Floor, 55 Southbank Boulevard,